Thursday, February 16, 2012

Time flies...and so do horses!

I don't have a whole lot of new and exciting things to blog about at the moment.  Next week will bring the semester to a close and our 6-week holiday will begin.  This also means that I am at the half-way mark of my year in Germany.  I can't believe how fast the time is going, even the weeks that are not filled with crazy adventures fly by. 

Lately I've been spending a fair amount of time being frustrated by definite articles--there is no system to the gender of nouns, nothing to do but memorize...and without knowing the gender, it is impossible to say anything because everything else in the sentence revolves around the gender of the nouns.  Nouns are easy to learn...but to remember which one of the three definite articles is attached to the front is another story.  The point is, I haven't been taking a lot of time to reflect, at least not enough to write anything even semi-coherent. 

Linaro--gelding in rehab after having bone chips removed from a hind fetlock.
Today my abs are reminding me of my fabulous riding lesson yesterday.  It's been a while since I had an instructor holler in my direction, "Alyssa! You're not on cross country!"  How is it that instructors never seem to look when things are going really well...and the second things fall apart (like my canter transition yesterday) is when the instructor turns around?  Or is it that those are the moments that so quickly draw attention?  Chagallo and I weren't out of control in the least, only a bit strung out, flat, and maybe a little too fast.  But it was fun!  We'll see what happens tomorrow.  And, I definitely won't drink 4 cups of coffee and eat an entire box of Valentine's Day chocolate before I ride tomorrow.

Pax.

No comments:

Post a Comment