Wednesday, February 8, 2012

"One cat leads to another."

One link leads to another and soon I find myself distracted by this and that.  Today happens to be six-toed cats.  Not that I'm not ALWAYS distracted by a six-toed cat, whether she's begging me to play "Mousie" or dumping the bowl of cherry tomatoes on the floor or because I'm missing her terribly.  Oh, my dear Madelaine!  Sniff.

Madelaine Hemingway-Augustson, named after Ernest's sister, resting her 21 toes. (6+6+5+4)
So after chasing a few links in the direction of six-toed cats, I came upon this clip on YouTube. Being it's February, this has many levels of appropriateness. More Februaries than not my family has spent in Key West, Florida where my grandparents would rent a condo at Key West By the Sea, a complex of former Naval base housing. It was in Key West that I inherited my soft spot for "Hemingway cats". 


Of course it won't let you watch it here, but if you click the link you can see it on YouTube. Snow White or Snowball...depends on who you ask.



And one cat leads to another. I'm not sure it can be said cats aren't disruptive when one is trying to write, however they certainly can inspire good stories and occasionally academic papers.

Another great Hemingway House website:
http://www.hemingwayhome.com/cats/

It must be time to pick up "Old Man and the Sea" again.
Pax.

No comments:

Post a Comment