Friday, June 3, 2011

Off to a slow start.

I guess it's time to write something here, maybe get into the habit of posting. Maybe weekly. Maybe not. I cannot take credit for the title of my blog. It came from Melinda, a young lady I work with at the farm in Galena, IL. She was taking silly photos with her phone, including close-ups of piles of horse hair that I was pulling out of Star's mane. Whatever the context was beyond that, I do not recall, but "Horsehair Weekly" came out of her mouth. I said, "I'm going to steal that name from you for something." And here we are.

After a relatively successful middler year at Wartburg Seminary, I am about to begin my summer unit of CPE in Rockford. Iga and I moved into our little apartment last night and eventually we might find the floor. At least then we'll have a place to sit since we only have one chair. Must admit, I was tempted to sleep on the futon mattress in the U-Haul trailer last night instead of unloading.

Iga and I have been talking about blogging a lot, but have so many directions! Green smoothies, horse training,  ridiculous moments in the barn and in school...in life. Green smoothies, green horses, green Bible study? Who knows. Eventually, I'll have to figure this out, at least by the time I leave for Germany at the end of August. For now I'll stick to the occasional life reflection or cool thing I come across.

Pax.

No comments:

Post a Comment