Sunday, October 23, 2011

ä, ö, ü, and painful grammar...

Well, it is once again Sunday night and I was planning to write a good update on this very full past week. But, after 7 hours of studying yesterday and another 3 hours tonight, I'm tired and frustrated and it's 11:30...waaaay past bedtime!

However, as offensive as it may be to some, I must share the ridiculous conversation I had with my auntie this afternoon about my attempt at German. I guess it can't be offensive if it is about my attempt at German and not German itself???  No, only to my cous' who doesn't like the "V" word--beware Jessie!

It went something like this:
Auntie:  "I probably can't even MAKE some of the sounds!"

Me:  "It's hard to make serious vomit noises.  Then combine them with the right mouth shape."

Auntie:  "You even have to have the right mouth shape??????"

Me:  "To get the right vomit accent."
That about sums up my current frame of mind, so I'm going to bed.

Pax.

No comments:

Post a Comment